Belfast One, in partnership with Belfast City Centre Management held a safety and security workshop for businesses to prepare them before the busy Christmas period.
Items which were covered included Shop Safe, Counterfeit Currency, Cyber Crime and Retail Crimewatch.
• Online advice is freely available from numerous sources such as Banks, Trading Standards, Action Fraud and GetSafeOnline. Twitter @CyberProtectUK
• Small Business Guide - www.ncsc.gov.uk/smallbusiness
Reporting Cyber Crime
• 101 – report events in action direct to PSNI to ensure you receive immediate attention. Time is critical.
• www.actionfraud.police.uk – Individuals and businesses can report fraud, cyber crime and online scams to Action Fraud.
• Phishing emails can be reported direct to Action Fraud via NFIBPhishing@city-of-london.pnn.police.uk
The following are the serial numbers of counterfeit notes which have come through to Ulster Bank in high quantity in the past 3 months: