Visit Belfast, Belfast City Council, Belfast Chamber of Trade and Commerce and Belfast City Centre Management are hosting a series of “preparedness” workshops for businesses to assist them with planning in the event of an emergency or terrorist attack. The workshops will be conducted by PSNI Counter Terrorism Officers and will deliver Project Griffin training for business staff.
About Project Griffin
Protect yourself, your staff, your business and your community.
Project Griffin is the national counter terrorism awareness initiative for business produced by NaCTSO to protect our cities and communities from the threat of terrorism.
The aim of Project Griffin is to:
• Help understand the threat from terrorism to the UK
• Guide individuals on what to do if they find themselves involved in a terrorist incident or events that lead up to a planned attack
• Enable people to recognise and report suspicious activity.
Workshops are suitable for any frontline staff, managers or those responsible for business security.
Workshops are free to attend but due to capacity requirements places must be booked in advance.
The workshops will take place:
• 29 September, 10am-12.30pm at Visit Belfast (RSVP by 5pm, 27 September)
• 9 October, 5.30-7.30pm at Belfast City Hall (RSVP by 5pm, 5 October)
• 23 October, 10am-12.30pm at Belfast City Hall (RSVP by 5pm, 19 October)
To attend the BCCM or Belfast City Hall workshops, RSVP by the appropriate date to email@example.com. If you wish to attend the workshop at Visit Belfast, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
+44 (0)28 9023 9026
9 Donegall Sq North
Belfast BT1 5GB