Belfast City Centre Management carries out weekly monitoring and testing of three Emergency Contact Points in the city centre. These contact points are located at:
Donegall Square North
The Emergency Contact Points enable the public to have immediate contact with the PSNI.
Annual improvement in users’ perceptions of safety by implementing initiatives to reduce:
- Retail crime
- Evening and night time economy crime
- Antisocial behaviour
- Annual improvement in measured crime statistics
- Promote continuity and resilience of the city within the city centre business community
- Educational outreach to city centre users
- Seek to reduce on-street drinking and begging
- Seek continuing funding for City Centre Beat Initiative
Reporting sharps/needles in the City Centre:
If you come across any sharps/needles in the City Centre there is a mechanism in place to report these to Belfast City Council.
These will be removed and disposed of in a safe manner by their team. The details for reporting these are below.
During Office Hours (8.00am – 5.00pm)
Telephone: 028 9027 0469
Out of Hours: (5.00pm – 8.00am - Including Weekends, Public & Bank Holidays)
Telephone: 07850 499 622
Email: (for non-emergency reporting)
Belfast City Centre Management, Belfast One and Belfast Chamber of Trade and Commerce launched a 'Protect Your Business Guide' for businesses on how to report city centre issues such as homelessness, on street drinking, needle removal and city centre crime. The guide is available to download here - Protect Your Business Guide