COVID-19: guidance for employers and businesses
If you employ people then you should review your risk assessments based on the most up to date information provided by the Public Health Agency (PHA) and take appropriate action.
In Northern Ireland the Public Health Agency (PHA) are taking the lead and co-ordinating all advice and information. Their website can be accessed via the link below and should contain the most up to date local information and guidance:
The information provided in the following link will help you and your workers prevent the spread of COVID-19. This guidance will assist employers and businesses in providing advice to their staff on;
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19
- How to help prevent spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19
- What to do if someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in business settings
- What advice to give to individuals who have travelled to specific areas
- Actions to take if staff come into contact with someone who is self-isolating or is a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19.
You can download the guidance here - COVID-19: guidance for employers and businesses
For people working in some sectors specific advice is available at:
For any other advice on Coronavirus please see the Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland website - https://www.hseni.gov.uk/news/coronavirus-covid-19-update
You can also read advice from Tourism NI here - COVID - 19 Tourism NI
The Budget 2020 has announced a plan to provide support for public services, individuals and businesses affected by COVID-19. This guidance gives further detail on the measures announced by the Chancellor including additional funding, Statutory Sick Pay changes, and an increase in the Business Rates retail discount for one year.