M and M Mascott contractors have started redevelopment work on the former BHS unit on Castle Place.
• The project will be complete by May 2019 (subject to planning).
• Phase 1 will last 5 months and involves stripping out the entire unit.
• Phase 2 has yet to be given planning permission so we are unaware which this will look like but will involve installing windows and external fabric. The unit will be split in two, the larger being the Castle Lane section and the second takes in the Castle Place unit including Mothercare. The area of Castle Arcade (entry linking Castle Lane and Castle Place) will also be addressed with new lighting etc.
• There are interested tenants but no confirmation.
• Vehicular access to site is from Callender Street into the BHS site.
You can view the presentation on the proposed development by clicking here